Protein sources are becoming ever more varied and are being consumed at any time of the day. At BSA, we have innovative and proven solutions to help the food processing industry meet consumer expectations.
Animal proteins (pork, beef, poultry and others)
Colour, texture, palatability, tenderness, flavour and microbiological quality are all important factors in the choice of meat for your finished product, just like the seasonings that define your brand.
Discover our custom blends of ingredients that add flavour and that bind proteins together while adding visual appeal to your products on display in the refrigerated and frozen aisles.
- Marinades (injection, soaking, tumbling)
- Binders and other functional ingredients (breading, starches, phosphates, soya, textured soya)
- Custom spice blends
- Natural meat flavour
- Spices and fines herbs
- Paprika protected by a natural antioxidant
- Antimicrobial agents
Fish and seafood
Many fish and seafood products are processed and sold frozen. One of the main shortcomings consumers have with this category of products is the taste that develops over time when products are frozen. To protect your finished product, our R&D specialists will add just the right dosage of antioxidants made from rosemary extracts.
If you’re looking for one-of-a-kind flavour profiles and flavour blends, exclusive seasonings as well as sauces and marinades that will enhance the taste of your fish and seafood products, you’ve come to the right place.
We also offer clean label ingredients that optimize the organoleptic and nutritional profile of your finished product.
Vegetarian and vegan recipes
More and more consumers are turning vegetarian, vegan or flexitarian (semi-vegetarian diet) and these numbers are expected to rise in the years to come. Whether for health-related issues, environmental, economic, philosophical or animal welfare reasons, consumers are looking for ways to eat less meat.
We offer a wide range of products to meet this growing market: soy, pea and other leguminous proteins, in powder or textured form, as well as several meat-like products.
We have the necessary know-how of ingredients and technologies to help you industrialize the production of vegetarian or vegan products such as chilli, hot dogs, Bolognese sauce, deli meats, meatballs, soups, etc.
Clean label technology ingredient system
At BSA, we put food science to work in improving processed products.
Simple, natural ingredients, a refined list of ingredients known as clean label, the fewest ingredients and sub-ingredients possible: these are some of the biggest food processing challenges our specialists and colleagues from all over the world face every day.
BSA is among the most innovative leaders in the field of fresh, cooked, fermented, cured or smoked meat processing as well as vegetable proteins products.
- Frutarom natural solutions: rosemary and acerola cherry extracts that act as antioxidants
- Yeast extract: enhances taste as a substitute for hydrolyzed vegetable protein or monosodium glutamate (MSG).
- Effective allergy-free binding solutions
- Natural preservatives
- Neuvi©: vinegar
- MOstatin©: vinegar and lemon juice
- Prolong©: cultured dextrose
- Synthetic nitrite substitutes
- Natural flavours
At BSA, you will find peace of mind with our complete protein processing systems for cooked and cured meats:
- Fresh and cooked sausages
- Ham (shoulder, bacon, pancetta, capicola)
- Salami, pepperoni, dry sausage
- Bologna sausage, mock chicken meatloaf, hot-dog sausages
- Meatballs, skewered meat, strips, pâtés, creton
- Chicken wings, drumsticks, breasts
- Hot air salmon cooking
Our specialists know what consumers are looking for when buying proteins.
Contact us to learn more about our solutions that can help you meet and exceed your consumers’ expectations.